Official repo moved to https://github.com/odysseywestra/Monoprice_22_linux_kernel_module as of Sept 15 2017.
This is here for historical reasons only.
This is an experimental driver for Monoprice 22
Current status: stable as of 11 Nov 2016. Please open issues for any bugs you find.
- BTN_TOOL_PEN and BUTTON_TOOL_RUBBER are signaled as soon as they are in hover range;
- BTN_TOUCH is set when stylus or rubber touch the screen;
- BTN_STYLUS2 is set while button pressed;
- GIMP and KRITA work, but eraser is not recognized, as in all drivers I've seen
- verify that your computer sees your Monoprice.
lsusbshould show 'ID 0b57:9016 Beijing HanwangTechnology Co., Ltd';
maketo build the driver;
sudo make installto install the driver.
At this point you should be able to use the stylus as the mouse and with GIMP or Krita, etc.
To uninstall, of course
sudo make uninstall
If your stylus is not responsive after hybernation, type
sudo /usr/local/bin/load_mono_22.sh. This is a known issue.
You can try checking
lsmod | grep monofor mono_22
cat /proc/bus/input/devicesto see where your device is attached
With xinput, you can look try
xinputand look for 'Monoprice 22'
xinput list --long "Monoprice 22"
while :; do xinput --query-state "Monoprice 22"; sleep 1; done
xinput test "Monoprice 22"also,
Obviously, sudo make uninstall and make clean as needed... See aidyw's repo for more information about debugging the driver.
based on original drivers by email@example.com
- further modified and improved by aidyw https://github.com/aidyw/bosto-2g-linux-kernel-module
The driver was built to these guidelines: