LunarCal - predictive calendar
Application that allows users to sync their Google calendar for analysis of:
- Basic Stats: such as top collaborators, hours and day of week you have the most meetings, etc.
- Prediction: based on a ratings you give previous meetings / v1 is a weighted average of attributes with the ultimate goal of using logistic regression.
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML, CSS & Bootstrap
- Google Calendar API
- Primary: logistic regression model for predictions of future meetings ratings (1 - 5)
- Secondary: mutliple calendars, further visualization, etc.
- The biggest challenge was logistic regression. I had to spend the better part of the weekend re-learning high shcool and college math, just to get to the point where I could understand logistic regression and leveraging existing code (or creating new code) for the regression. I'm not there yet, but it's just a matter of time.
- No other major challenges, however, like with any other project there were things that took longer than expected (sync the calendar) and shorter than expected (OAuth was surprisingly easy).