Starling Developer Resources
A list of useful links, integrations with our banking API and the community projects that have caught our eye.
💷Starling Site – The main Starling customer site.
- Developer Platform – A place to tinker with our API.
📚API Docs – Read up on the API and get comfortable with it. 🔈Developer Slack – Ask questions, post suggestions, whatever!
- Starling's Github – Our current open-source offerings to help you connect.
⚠️Service Status – Is it just me? 🚀Trello Roadmap - See what we're working on.
News & Updates
23rd November 2017
13th October 2017
6th June 2017
12th May 2017
SDKs and Code Libraries
- Ruby : A ruby library for using the Starling API – Credit to Tim Rogers
- Java : A Java library for using the Starling API – Credit to Nav Roudsari
- PHP : A PHP library for using the Starling API – Credit to Alan Cole
|Moneybox||Round up your purchases to the nearest pound and invest the spare change.|
|Tail||Tail links exclusive cashback offers from retailers directly to your Starling card.|
|Flux||Flux's integration allows users to view detailed receipts for their transactions and will give them access to exclusive loyalty schemes|
|Yolt||Aggregate all of your bank accounts to get a clear view of your finances|
|Yoyo Wallet||Upgrade your wallet - loyalty and rewards at major retailers|
|PensionBee||Combine all your old pensions into one new online plan|
|Emma||Emma helps you avoid overdrafts, find and cancel subscriptions, track debt and save money|
|Kasko||Travel insurance by KASKO, in partnership with AXA Travel Insurance|
|Truelayer||Helps developers build applications that securely access data and initiate payments in real time|
|Wealthify||Wealthify is a smart and affordable way for everyone to invest.|
|Habito||Habito are a free online mortgage broker, accessible through the Starling Marketplace|
|Wealthsimple||Professional investing made simple and affordable by combining smart technology with expert human advice|
|Moneyhub||See all your money in one place and use powerful, market-leading tools to achieve your goals|
|Creditladder||Make your rent payments count towards building your credit history|
Open-Source Community Projects
- SBMBBA : Menu bar item for displaying balance (Swift)
- Starling Terminal : CLI for connecting to your Starling account
- fintech-to-ynab : Direct transaction sync with You Need A Budget.
- starling-export : Script to export to CSV/QIF
- Monux : Native macOS application, currently Monzo only, looking to support Starling.
- Savings Automator : The 0100 Musketeers project from the Hackathon.
- Chirp : Facebook chatbot
Want to build your own?
We strongly encourage developers to get stuck in with these and other community projects building integrations and applications that connect to the Starling API.
Developer Community Activities
Our First Hackathon
- First Starling Hackathon : We held our first Hackathon in April 2017 to celebrate the launch of our API and developer platform
- Starling Hackathon: the roundup: An overview of the results of the first hackathon, showcasing some of the awesome teams and what they built over the weekend.
- Starling Hackathon: the winners interview : An interview with the winners of the first Starling hackathon.
In the Press
- Forbes: Open Banking Contagion In The UK
- Finextra: Starling releases Open API, talks up marketplace model
- Banking Tech: Starling Bank launches open banking hackathon
- Finextra: Starling Bank developer portal goes live
- PYMNTS: Moneybox and Starling Bank Partner On Digital Investment
- Figo: FinTech Hackathons – PSD2’s best friend? (ep. 4 of figo talks PSD2)