Hello In All Languages
Hello In All Languages is a plugin for WordPress, which displays a "hello" word translated to the official language of the country the visitor's IP belongs to.
How to install
- Upload the extracted archive to wp-content/plugins/ or upload the archive from the admin dashboard (Plugins -> Add New -> Upload).
- Activate the plugin via the Plugins menu.
How to configure
- Open the plugin settings page (Settings -> Hello In All Languages).
- Sign up for a free DB-IP.com API key and paste it in the appropriate field.
- Select how the word will be displayed (capitalised, uppercase, or lowercase).
- Select the default language (will be used if the visitor's IP cannot be determined).
How to use
Enter the shortcode [HELLO-IN-ALL-LANGUAGES] in any post or page and the translated hello will be displayed.
- To ensure that all the hello translations will be displayed correctly, please use UTF-8 charset.
- Please be aware that the plugin may not work properly if you are testing your blog in a local server.
- To determine the visitor's physical location based on his IP, the geolocation API provided by DB-IP.com is being used.
Some "hello" translations
How to use in a post
The plugin's settings