This repository contains the current site files for http://stevegrunwell.com, the blog/portfolio site of developer Steve Grunwell.
Included in this repository:
- WordPress core files
- Plugin files
- "grunwell2012" WordPress theme
What's not included:
- Database dump
- Uploaded media (/wp-content/uploads/)
Cloning this repository
If you wish to run your own version of this WordPress installation you'll need to take a few extra steps beyond "clone and deploy":
- Clone the git repo:
git clone https://email@example.com/stevegrunwell/stevegrunwell-com.git [directory]
- Try to visit your new WordPress installation. Since wp-config.php is missing, you should be shown the standard WordPress installation screen (as usual, if your system won't let WordPress create a wp-config file you'll need to copy wp-config-sample.php
cp wp-config-sample.php wp-config.phpand edit the file manually).
- Once WordPress is setup, you'll need to activate the plugins and start creating your post/page structure. If you plan on using the Advanced Custom Fields repeater, you'll need to purchase a key from http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/add-ons/repeater-field/
There are a ton of things left to do on the site, but it's being treated as a work in progress (a nice way of saying "moving target").
- Better organization of styles/convert to Compass
- Enhanced commenting
- Better responsiveness
- Cache as much as possible
- Move things like the Google Analytics profile ID to a site options page
- Dedicated page template for code demonstrations/proofs of concept