This is a Software Engineering course for students of computer science, level beginners to intermediate (3rd semester). The content was used for the software engineering course summer term 2018 and winter term 2019 at advanced technical college Ostfalia in Wolfenbüttel, Germany.
Lectures will be Fridays, 12:15 - 13:45 and 14:00 - 15:30.
Appointments for tutorial (optional, f.e. for questions or help) currently not planned.
|1||2019-11-01||Introduction & overview||0.75 h||-|
|2||2019-11-01||Software Engineering from 10.000 ft||0.75 h||-|
|5||2019-11-08||JUnit 5||0.75 h||-|
|7||2019-11-15||Legacy Systems and how to deal with them||3 h||see Awesome Java Code Workshop|
|8||2019-11-22||Case Study: UI platform JavaFX||1.5 h||-|
|9||2019-11-22||Case Study: Spring Framework||1.5 h||see Spring Workshop|
|9||2019-11-29||Case Study: Spring Framework||1.5 h||see Spring Workshop|
|13||2019-11-29||Agile Methods||1.5 h||-|
|13||2019-12-06||Agile Methods||1.5 h||-|
|17||2019-12-20||Remote Working||1.5 h||see Remote Working Workshop|
|-||2020-01-08, 16:00 - 17:30||Exam||-|
Additional to the normal lectures, there will be two block sessions on
- Saturday, 2019-12-14, 9 a.m. - 12 a.m. or later, in room 223
- goal: enhance your skills in on of the most important and basic aspects of software engineering: programming
- Clean Code in theory
- Clean Code in practice by Coderetreat (Game of Life)
- Saturday, 2019-12-21, 9 a.m. - 12 a.m. or later, in room 252
- deeper-dive into Spring, especially Spring Data JPA and MVC
The content of these sessions will not be relevant for the exam. However, I strongly recommend visiting the sessions to benefit from the additional content.
|-||2019-12-20||hexagonal architecture||1.0 h||-|
|14||2019-12-20||Management 3.0||3.0 h||-|
|-||2019-12-20||Clean Code||1.0 h||-|
|18||2019-12-20||Ethics of software development||0.5 h||-|
Less likely to be in the lectures
|Domain Driven Design||3 h||Speaker: Oliver Milke, slides here|
|Infrastructure as code|
|Facilitating a coderetreat with students?|
Feel free to give feedback to email@example.com
All files in this repository are under Creative Commons 4.0 (see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.