Maintainer Needed! Please leave a comment in "Maintainer Needed!" issue if you're intrested
Fork of the Default Gtk+ Stylesheet for elementary OS with OS X window controls
The forked Gtk.CSS stylesheet with OS X window controls is designed specifically for elementary OS and its desktop environment: Pantheon. Since Gtk.CSS has changed quite a bit, this stylesheet only supports Gtk >= 3.22
Elementary-X is available in two variants
- Traffic lights window controls
- Re-designed widgets to look cool
- Always up to date with original elementary-os stylesheet
git to install this theme
- Open terminal and execute the following
git clone https://github.com/surajmandalcell/elementary-x.git ~/.themes/elementary-x
- Select this theme in tweak tool or execute the following
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme "elementary-x"
- Thats it you're done!
Note: To install it globally i.e. for situation when you run apps as root or specially SNAP packages move your theme to
- Refer here to see how to set DARK MODE
- The icon theme used is La Capitaine. (Use
install_fixed_icons.shto install a fixed version of icon theme for eos)
- The folder also includes plank themes! To install just use the
- Chrome themes will be included soon..
- There are metacity and xfwm4 themes wich are for other desktop environment use.
- There is no gnome-shell theme as it is ment for elementary gala de.
Here is the link to the trello board for the project > board.
This stylesheet doesn't need to be compiled. It is recommended to make a symbolic link from the source directory to "/usr/share/themes" for testing:
ln -s /path/to/your/branch /usr/share/themes/
Apps will need to be restarted or the system stylesheet will need to be changed for your changes to take effect.
You can also test changes live with Gtk Inspector. Make sure you have Gtk development libraries installed:
sudo apt install libgtk-3-dev
Open an app you wish to test your changes on. Open Gtk Inspector with the keyboard shortcut Shift + Ctrl + D, then navigate to the tab "Custom CSS". Your changes here will take immediate effect on the focused app.