- Derp is the library.
- Derper is the loader (runtime) for fully scripted applications.
- HerpDerp is the editor.
Derp - Engine
Derp is a very simple and yet to be powerful game engine for 2D and 3D games written in D. It is supposed to be a hybrid engine, providing both a D and a Lua interface. Thus it will be possible to write application code both in D (compiled) or Lua (scripted, dynamically loaded and executed with LuaD).
It is planned that derp features
- 2D and 3D Graphics via OpenGL
- audio via OpenAL
- simple, extensible resource loading, with many already supported types (ASSIMP)
- simple distribution (see also Derper)
- powerful scene graph with entity/component system
- full scene serialization (level files etc.)
- full access to engine API from LUA
- and probably more
Derper - Loader
Derper is a simple to use loader for fully scripted derp applications. Similar to the distribution method of Löve2D packages, derper will be able to open a package containing all application data. This should make it very easy to distribute (open-source) projects for all supported platforms.
HerpDerp - Editor
HerpDerp is a planned scene graph editor for the derp engine. This subproject has not yet been started.