Software Carpentry Slideshows
To navigate slideshows, use arrow keys (←→ or ↓↑).
- Introducing Software Carpentry
- Software Carpentry: Lessons Learned
- Best Practices for Scientific Computing
Visualizing Presentations Locally
If you get a popup message mentioning that the timing file could not be loaded, the problem may be your browser refusing to dynamically load files (such as the timing file) from the local filesystem. The solution is to start a webserver and access the presentation through it:
- Go to the root of the repository.
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 7777(or with Python 3:
python3 -m http.server 7777).
- View the presentations at
Alternatively, if you are using Google Chrome, start it with
Warning: for security reasons, you should not navigate the open web with this option enabled.