Generates a live preview lightbox of the formatted version of a textarea while editing an entry.
I've tested this extension with Symphony's default textarea field as well as Rowan's text box field. If you encounter issues with other textarea fields, please let me know.
- Version: 1.2
- Author: Ben Babcock firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated: January 23, 2015
- GitHub Repository: https://github.com/tachyondecay/preview_textarea
Installation & Use
You can always install the latest version through git:
git clone git://github.com/tachyondecay/preview_textarea.git
- Make sure that the extension is in a folder named
preview_textarea. Upload this to your Symphony
- Enable the extension from the Extensions page in the Symphony backend.
- On the publishing page for a section, textareas will now have a
Previewlink next to their labels. This link will generate a formatted version of the textarea's content and display it as a preview lightbox.
If you want to change the styling on the preview, edit
assets/preview_textarea.user.css and add your own styles.
1.2 (January 23, 2015)
- Compatible with Symphony 2.5 and 2.6. No longer compatible with Symphony 2.4 or earlier.
- Now uses JSONPage in the backend.
1.1.1 (August 26, 2012)
- #6: JS error caused by unexpected DOM manipulation from other extensions.
1.1 (May 9, 2012)
- Extension now uses the static
TextFormatterManageravailable as of Symphony 2.3. No longer compatible with Symphony 2.2.x.
1.0.3 (December 28, 2011)
- #5: Users can override the lightbox's default styling by editing a custom CSS file.
1.0.2 (August 20, 2011)
1.0.1 (August 19, 2011)
- #2: Override some of the backend styles for the preview box.
1.0 (August 16, 2011)
- Initial release.