Maven Java project
Astor is a graphical Tango control system administration tool.
- The first goal is to know at a quick glance, if everything is OK in a control system, and otherwise to be able to diagnose a problem and solve it.
- The second goal is to configure the control system and its components.
- The third goal is to have long term analysis on components (logs, statistics, usage,?.)
- On each host to be controlled, a device server (called Starter) takes care of all device servers running (or supposed to) on this computer.
- The controlled server list is read from the TANGO database.
- A graphical client (called Astor) is connected to all Starter servers and is able to:
- Display the control system status and component status using coloured icons.
- Execute actions on components (start, stop, test, configure, display information, ?.
- Execute diagnostics on components.
- Execute global analysis on a large number of crates or database.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:tango-controls/Astor
Building and Installation
- javac 7 or higher
Instructions on building the project.
cd Astor mvn package