Welcome to AskTanmay!
This repository contains the complete source code for AskTanmay.
(Stable) 2.1 (master)
(Beta) 3.0 (TQA-3.0-beta)
What is AskTanmay?
AskTanmay is a Natural Language Question-Answering system (NLQA system), built in Swift, Java, and Python (though the eventual aim is to have it solely in Swift). The goal of AskTanmay is to allow developers to have a foundation to start off of, if they'd like to implement their own NLQA systems, but don't know where to start.
Currently Supported Answer Types
- Person (e.g. "Who is the CEO of IBM?")
- Organization/Company (e.g. "Which worldwide retail chain makes the most profit?")
- Location (e.g. "Where is the Taj Mahal?" or "In which city is the Taj Mahal?")
In order to build AskTanmay, you must have the following dependencies:
- Python 2.7.10
- Java 8
- Xcode 8.2.1 (latest stable Xcode)
NOTE! Do not build AskTanmay from Xcode! It is not designed for this, though with a bit of modification, can run. While it will build successfully, it won't work in the later stages, as the Python and Java components have not been added. However, you can use Xcode as an IDE, and Build ("CMD+B"), not Run ("CMD+R"), to check your code, and save it.
Before building & running AskTanmay, you will need to fill out some credentials & API Keys. You need to fill out credentials in the following files:
Now, the build instructions:
- Go into Terminal
- Navigate into the directory for the project (the directory containing "TanmayQA.xcodeproj")
- Run this bash command:
Done! This should compile AskTanmay and the Python & Java dependencies.
In order to run the binary, do this:
- From that project directory, navigate to "build/Release"
- Run AskTanmay with a question:
AskTanmay's dependencies consist of the following software:
- IBM Watson java-sdk (v2.9.5)
- gson (v2.3.1)
- okhttp (v2.7.4)
- okio (v1.4.0)
Thanks to the above sources for making AskTanmay possible.
AskTanmay (codename: TanmayQA) by Tanmay Bakshi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.