Buildstarter is like Kickstarter, but for Open Source where the community funds features with cryptocurrency that the team should build. Anyone can propose a feature for a small registration fee by calling the method “register.” Features have a funding goal and funding deadline. Anyone can call “fund” and contribute toward the funding goal.
When the funding deadline passes, two possibilities exist:
- Funding goal met or exceeded – Anyone can call “settle” and transfer funds to the owner of the feature
- Funding goal not met – Anyone who contributed can call “refund” and get their funds back
With Buildstarter, Open Source teams don't need to worry about which features to focus on next and how to fund their development. The community will speak with its cryptowallet.
This repository contains Smart Contract code in Solidity (using Truffle), tests (also using Truffle) and a simple dApp (using HTML and JS).
To install, download or clone the repo, then:
- How does Ethereum work anyway?
- BIP39 Mnemonic Generator
- Truffle Framework
- Ganache Local Blockchain
- Remix Solidity IDE
- Solidity Language Reference
- Ethereum Blockchain Explorer
- Web3Js Reference