A toy project at bootstrapping OS kernel.
Dux/metodo code should serve as a basement for future development.
Task switching code is copied from little kernel ( http://git.tkgeisel.com/?p=lk.git;a=summary ) by Travis Geiselbrecht.
You can build i386 version on 64bit Linux. And currently you need to do so, because k411 currently has no 64bit support.
- git clone git://github.com/temoto/k411.git
- cd k411
- qemu -cdrom boot-i386.iso
Should see some debugging information and interleaving AAA...BBB... If you don't like that, remove two calls 'kspawn_fun' in kernel/main.c.
Priorities given in parens.
- Implement process sleep.
- Find a way to load ELF binary from GRUB modules and spawn it as separate process.
- Learn to switch to user mode (ring3). Run ELF binary in user mode.
- Write tests.
- Write init service. 'Upstart' could be a good design guide.
- New arch: amd64.
- Fixed. Kernel panic on qemu -kernel with #GP.