This server side plugin, for TFS 2013 update 2 up to TFS 2017 RTM, enables running custom script when Work Items change, allowing dynamic calculation of field values in TFS and more. (For example: Dev work + Test Work = Total Work).
The complete documentation is available on the project's Documentation Site.
What's new in v2.2
- Support for TFS 2017
- Macro snippets and Functions for Rules and make code more modular
- Ability to specify server URL
- Support for multiple workitem Ids in Console application (issue #178)
- Ability to Send email from Rules
- Migrated CI build from AppVeyor to VSTS
- Use of GitVersion to manage Semantic Versioning
What's new in v2.1.1
- Fixes important bug causing very high CPU usage (see #160).
What's new in v2.1
- Support for TFS 2015.2, TFS 2015.2.1 and TFS 2015.3
- Extended logging in debug version
- Ability to override base Uri of the aggregator
- Improvements in the setup
NextRevisionproperties to Work Items to navigate history
Urifield to Work Items
- Removed policyscope on Workitem template GUID and revision (didn't work anyway)
What's new in v2
- A 'real' Scripting language (C#, VB, Powershell)
- Scoping allows select which rules apply to which Team Project
- Enhanced filtering to trigger rules when conditions are met
- Console application to quickly test new rules
- Richer logging
- Test harness and modularity to ease adding new features
- Create new Work Items and Links using rules
- and more...
- Update the state of a Bug, PBI (or any parent) to "In Progress" when a child gets moved to "In Progress"
- Update the state of a Bug, PBI (or any parent) to "Done" when all children get moved to "Done" or "Removed"
- Update the "Work Remaining" on a Bug, PBI, etc with the sum of all the Task's "Work Remaining".
- Update the "Work Remaining" on a Sprint with the sum of all the "Work Remaining" of its grandchildren (i.e. tasks of the PBIs and Bugs in the Sprint).
- Sum up totals on a single work item (i.e. Dev Estimate + Test Estimate = Total Estimate)
- Create new work items
- Create new work item links
Contributing to the Project
Please read the Contributing document.