An unofficial taskbar (menubar) menu for Steam on Mac OS X, just like Windows!
Why do the Windows gamers get all the fun?
Valve probably never considered about giving the Mac version of Steam a taskbar (or menubar) icon like what they did for the Windows version. This also could be because Windows is a much more popular platform.
Now Mac gamers no longer have to be jealous.
I actually use the taskbar icon whenever I play a Windows game, and I noticed that the Mac version never had one. So I decided to create one for Mac gamers, like myself.
Plus, Steam Menubar offers more features.
"What features?", you might ask.
- reorder and choose the menu items you want to see
- add as many seperators as you please
- completely native UI
- small file size
- looks great on Yosemite and El Capitan, regardless of the menubar theme
The menu items
- Music Player
- Big Picture Mode
- Exit Steam
How to reorder?
- Open the Steam Menubar
- Click Preferences or push Command+Comma
- Click and drag any menu item or on how to do so.
Steam on Windows
Steam Menubar on Mac OS X 10.11
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- or newer!
Click the link above to go to the downloads page.