THE LIBERATOR NETWORK
We are a global community of like-minded people that exists to help practitioners of Scrum, other Agile methods, and Liberating Structures to find support, offer help, and draw inspiration. We believe in the power of peer-to-peer inspiration to overcome the tough challenges we face when we try to liberate teams and organizations from ineffective, de-humanizing, and traditional ways of working.
A Global Community With Local Meetups
While The Liberators Network features global meetups, these can only go so far in offering more personal and local support. This is where our local branches, the User Groups, come in. Each User Group focuses on a specific region or organization while also remaining open to other participants. To keep the quality high and prevent overload, we aim for one User Group per region.
User Groups are autonomous in the sense that they can pick the topics that matter the most to them, and use the tools and platforms that are most suitable for that. User Groups are integrated into the larger community in the sense that all meetups are visible in a global calendar. Also, local organizers periodically meet to give and get help and start collective initiatives together. There is the option for local User Groups to participate in global topics that are prepared together.
We hope that The Liberators Network allows us all to tap into the potential of the collective brainpower, expertise, and creativity that such a large and diverse network holds. For example, we hope to develop, field test, and report on strings of Liberating Structures (e.g. to overcome Zombie Scrum or navigate conflicts), to develop helpful tools for Scrum Teams, and come up with creative ideas and powerful experiments.
Index of User Groups
- India - by Cipson & Mahesh
- Italy - by Carlo
- Panama - by Ulises
- Poland - by Sebastian
- Mexico - by Luis
- Spain - by Alex, Pol, Olga & Javier
- Switzerland - by Peter, Christian, Markus, Manuel and Benji
- Taiwan - by Chungan & Tony
- Turkey - by Umut, Baris, Aysegul & Emin
- United Kingdom - by Tom & Sean
- United States - Jon & Christopher
Want To Start A Local User Group?
If you're interested in starting a User Group in your country, do the following:
- Read the Rules of Play to understand the (minimal) boundaries
- Read the Community Principles that we created (and are continuously refining) with the community
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please provide us with a motivation as to why you'd like to start
- Join, or upgrade to, the "Liberator"-tier on our Patreon. This gives you access to a free local organizer kit, access to frequent user group organizer meetups and support from us
- For the upcoming months, our focus is the current 11 user groups. Once this proves to be a success, we add new user groups. Probably, we're talking about September 2021.
Measuring Our Success
Since this is an experiment, we are tracking a number of metrics to help us determine whether we are successful or not: https://app.cyfe.com/dashboards/975945/600ae6ca1aa4c100614467838313
Support Our Network
A lot of work goes into organizing, maintaining and spreading this thriving community into all the corners of the world. The great news is that the community is funding our efforts. If you enjoy this community, please considering supporting us too on Patreon.
Making Changes To This Repository
Anyone can submit changes to this repository. In order to do so, check out this repository, make your changes and create a pull request for it. We will review each pull request before merging it into the main branch.