Rust Bare-Bones Kernel
This is designed to be a rust equivalent of the OSDev.org Bare_Bones article, presenting the bare minimum you need to get started.
- A recent (nightly) build of rustc (at least the date of the most recent commit to this repo)
- A suitable cross-compiling copy of binutils (i586-elf or x86_64-elf)
- by running
TRIPLE= makeinstead of
make, you can use the system linker, but it may not work.
- x86 and x86_64 (amd64) "ports"
- Initial paging for both (with higher-half)
- Serial output using the classic PC serial port, formatted using
- Links with libcore
$ git clone https://github.com/thepowersgang/rust-barebones-kernel $ cd rust-barebones-kernel $ cd Kernel $ make UPDATE $ make $ cd .. $ qemu-system-x86_64 -kernel kernel.amd64.bin -serial stdio
You should see a
[main] Hello world!
print to the console.