Godot plugin for metrics, insights, and time tracking automatically generated from your Godot usage.
Wakatime-cli uses Python to send the heartbeats to api.
For Linux/macOS users:
- No dependencies. Python binary will be automatically found on your system.
For Windows users:
Download and install Python on system.
Download and extract Python embeddable zip file to the root path of the plugin (addons/wakatime). The extracted folder must contain
pythonon its name to be automatically found by script.
The easiest and fastest way is to install directly from Godot's AssetLib
- Access Godot's AssetLib inside the engine (
- Search for
godot-wakatimeand click on install button
Or, you can manually install the latest version following the next steps
- Download and extract latest zip file from releases.
- Copy or move the
wakatimedirectory from the extracted zip and put into your project's
addonsdirectory. Create the
addonsdirectory at the root of your project if you don't have one.
godot-wakatimeon Plugins tab at menu
Project -> Project Settings -> Plugins.
- Enter your Wakatime API Key on opened prompt.
- Use Godot script editor for a while and check on https://wakatime.com/api/v1/users/current or https://wakatime.com/dashboard to see your coding activity :)
Tracking GDScript and GDNative files
Some settings are available in the editor bottom panel as soon as the plugin is active
Wakatime settings and plugin settings (like Python binary path) are stored in the file at
[Windows only] All heartbeats sent are printed to Godot output console.
OS.execute do this by default and can't be disabled. Be careful to not reveal your printed API key to anyone.
- Debug mode
- Download and extract wakatime-cli from repo during plugin setup.
- Add more cmdline args and let users change it on bottom panel
- Remove cmdline output from Windows editor.