Marshall Microsoft SQL Server diagrams between a database and files on disk, for checking in to source control.
This is a packaging and modification of pieces of the puzzle provided by others in the community.
Thanks to the lovely folks at 3Chillies for allowing me to publish the changes I made while contracting for them.
Upstream / references
- http://bytes.com/topic/sql-server/answers/81534-script-save-export-sql-database-diagrams - original Sql 2000 script by Clay alternate link via google groups
- http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/15080/Script-SQL-Server-diagrams-to-a-file - Craig's Sql 2005 extension of Clay's script
- http://joelmansford.wordpress.com/2008/04/01/scripting-sql-server-diagrams-to-files-for-source-control/ - Joel's extension of Craig's work - a powershell scripting wrapper
- This version based on the above (thanks 3 Chilles!)
- Pull requests into this repo :-D (hopefully)
- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178158.aspx - MSDN: Using Large-Value Data Types
- Clay Beatty
- Craig Dunn - https://github.com/conceptdev
- Joel Mansford
- Tim Abell email@example.com
- 3Chillies - http://www.3chillies.co.uk/
- Anyone else in the git history ;-)
MIT Licence - http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
Permission has been gained from all of the above authors to licence this code under the MIT Licence.