tinyCI demo repository
This repository contains the vagrant demo for tinyCI. It, by default, runs one instance of the tinyCI VM for UI and other services, and another for a docker runner (overlay-runner). You can customize it to run multiple runners.
This demo only works on Linux and OS X. Be sure to check out the docs before getting started.
Before anything, you need the following tools installed and operational:
- OS X:
brew install ansible(via homebrew)
apt-get install ansible
- OS X:
Additionally, mkcert will be downloaded using the system's
Firstly, setup an oauth account. Make it look like this:
- You need to change the following configuration details:
- Clone this repository.
- Get a release. Either:
make downloadto get a recommended version of the release
- Get a copy of the release
and name it
release.tar.gz, and put it at the root of this repository's clone.
- Create a
customize.rbfrom the sample file. You should only need to change three things:
- Replace <client id> with the value obtained above
- Replace <client secret> with the value obtained above
- Replace <github username> with your github username
make setupsucceeds, run
You will be asked to enter a password during this process. Enter your system password.
Your UI will be @ https://192.168.42.2. Be sure to accept the cert if prompted!
make start fails for some reason, you can run
make restart after correcting any errors.
If you want a really quick start and want to see the jobs run:
- Click "Add to CI".
- Click the "people" icon to upgrade your oauth token to one that can run CI jobs. This will refresh the page after success.
- Then, click the "cloud" icon to scan your repositories.
- Fork tinyci/ci-runners (a few small jobs) or tinyci/ci-agents (lots of jobs).
- After that, you can search for your fork and click the
+symbol to move forward with adding your hook and allowing submissions.
- Then, "Submit" the repository's master branch using the UI element at the top of the web page.