This project was started as a way to showcase how to develop code to communicate with the REST APIs of Stripe and possibly get feedback from any other automated testers who were familiar with writing API tests. For background information, see Testing Beyond the UI: The Testing Pyramid.
A Walkthrough of how the code had been created was given on the blog Adventures in Automation at http://www.tjmaher.com.
- Introduction: Coming up: RESTful Testing: How to work with RESTful API's using Apache's HTTPComponents and Java
- Part One: Brief introduction to REST APIs
- Part Two: Interacting with Stripe using HTTPS and cURL
- Part Three: Storing API Keys in properties files and initial setup of StripeUtils
- Part Four: Using UriBuilder, HttpGet and other Apache HttpComponents
- Part Five: From JSON to Object: HttpEntity and GSON