Allows you to utilize a queue and shove updates/deletes for search into it, keeping your pages fast and your index fresh.
For use with Haystack (http://haystacksearch.org/).
This project has been updated to be compatible with Haystack 2.0.x! If you need queued_search for Haystack 1.2.X, please use the 1.0.4 tag or pip install queued_search==1.0.4!
- Python 2.6+ or Python 3.3+
- Django 1.5+
- Haystack 2.0.X (http://github.com/toastdriven/django-haystack)
- Queues (http://code.google.com/p/queues/)
You also need to install your choice of one of the supported search engines for Haystack and one of the supported queue backends for Queues.
- Add queued_search to INSTALLED_APPS.
- Alter all of your SearchIndex subclasses to inherit from queued_search.indexes.QueuedSearchIndex (as well as indexes.Indexable).
- Ensure your queuing solution of choice is running.
- Setup a cron job to run the process_search_queue management command.