This library is a substitute of the original M5Stack library, with added support for the following devices:
- M5Stack Classic
- M5Stack Fire
- M5Stack Core2
- LoLin D32-Pro
- ESP32-Wrover-Kit (v4.1, v4.2, v4.3)
- Lilygo TTGO-TS
- Lilygo TTGO-Twatch
It also implements a set of extra features:
- Zero-config automatic device selection based on the Arduino Boards menu selection
- Screenshots (BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF)
- I2C Scanner
This is still beta quality, most examples will fail due to the minor syntax changes, but the tradeoff is really worth it!
See LovyanGFX Readme for an overview of those minor changes along with the new features such as shapes, arcs, polygon drawing and filling, and much more ...
- Delete the
~/Arduino/M5Stack folder to prevent any confusion at compilation (you can still restore it later using the Library Manager)
Choose between managed install:
ESP32-Chimera-Corefrom the Arduino Library Manager
- Let the Arduino Library Manager download the
or manual install:
- Download the latest LovyanGFX display driver and unzip it in the
- Download the latest ESP32-Chimera-Core release and unzip it in the
- You're done!
You can use
#if defined(_CHIMERA_CORE_) macros to isolate ESP32-Chimera-Core specific statements.
#if defined(_CHIMERA_CORE_) M5.ScreenShot.init( &M5.Lcd, M5STACK_SD ); M5.ScreenShot.begin(); M5.ScreenShot.snap(); #endif
Automatic board selection is based on the boards.txt definition, so changing the board from the Arduino Tools menu is enough to trigger the detection. Sketch compilation can eventually be tuned-up to a specific device by using macros.
#if defined(_CHIMERA_CORE_) #if defined( ARDUINO_M5Stack_Core_ESP32 ) #warning M5STACK CLASSIC DETECTED !! #elif defined( ARDUINO_M5STACK_FIRE ) #warning M5STACK FIRE DETECTED !! #elif defined( ARDUINO_ODROID_ESP32 ) #warning ODROID DETECTED !! #elif defined( ARDUINO_TTGO_T1 ) #warning Lilygo TTGO-TS DETECTED !! #elif defined ( ARDUINO_ESP32_WROVER_KIT ) #warning ESP32 WROVER Kit DETECTED !! #else #warning NOTHING DETECTED !! #endif #else #warning M5Stack legacy core detected #endif
Credits & Thanks
- Special thanks to らびやん (Lovyan03) for providing strong inspiring support, unconditional kindness and unlimited patience
- Kudos to M5Stack for being the creators of the original M5Stack and its legacy library without which this project would not exist.
- 紅樹 タカオ (Takao Akaki)
- Illustration By Jacopo Ligozzi