Contributing to ufo
Contributing is welcomed and encouraged. We love pull requests!
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specs
- by writing code ( no patch is too small : fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace )
- by refactoring code
- by closing issues
- by reviewing patches
Submitting an Issue
- We use the GitHub issue tracker to track bugs and features.
- Before submitting a bug report or feature request, check to make sure it hasn't already been submitted.
- When submitting a bug report, please include a Gist that includes a stack trace and any details that may be necessary to reproduce the bug, including your gem version, Ruby version, and operating system. Ideally, a bug report should include a pull request with failing specs.
Cleaning up issues
- Issues that have no response from the submitter will be closed after 30 days.
- Issues will be closed once they're assumed to be fixed or answered. If the maintainer is wrong, it can be opened again.
- If your issue is closed by mistake, please understand and explain the issue. We will happily reopen the issue.
Submitting a Pull Request
- Fork the official repository.
- Create a topic branch.
- Implement your feature or bug fix.
- Add, commit, and push your changes.
- Submit a pull request.
- Please add tests if you changed code. Contributions without tests won't be accepted.
- If you don't know how to add tests, please put in a PR and leave a comment asking for help. We love helping!
- Please don't update the Gem version.