imBMW · BMW iBus integration SDK and hardware
imBMW is .NET Micro Framework and hardware project. It was started to add custom features to cars with iBus interface such as '91-'10 BMWs and some models of Mini, Land Rover, Rover, MG and Rolls Royce. Then CAN BUS support was added to integrate with newer F,I,G-series BMWs.
The Original imBMW V1 device uses FEZ Mini, connects with iPod/iPhone via headset cable to be controlled by BMW audio system.
The Next Gen imBMW V2 device, that uses STM32F405 based FEZ Cerb40 II, is a *duino-compatible iBus-ready board. It could be used with any shield, for example with imBMW Bluetooth OVC3860 or Bluetooth Pro Bluegiga WT32 Shields for wireless stereo audio connection to BMW audio system, handsfree calls and even for forwarding iBus via Bluetooth to smartphones, tablets and PCs - imBMW already has a library for Universal Windows Platform (UWP). There is also Diagnostic Bus DS2 support using regular OBD II to USB adapter, that allows Engine Control Unit plus additional sensors logging and wireless Bluetooth dashboard. Furthermore, CAN BUS support was added for sniffing and integrating with CAN modules of all BMWs since the end 90's till latest BMW models including i-series EVs.
CD-changer emulator and Bordmonitor AUX interface were implemented to connect radio with iPod/iPhone/iPad or with other players, phones and tablets like Windows Phone, Android etc. Also imBMW allows communicating with instrument cluster, immobilizer, GM, ZKE, navigation and other modules to receive notifications and control doors, windows, lights, etc.
You could order imBMW boards from OSH Park.
Also you could order assembled imBMW V2 + Bluetooth, details by email: email@example.com.
Visit imBMW YouTube playlist on my channel.
Stay in touch with imBMW in vk.com social network.
Photos, videos and creation process of imBMW V1 and V2 devices are located on e46club.ru forum (for now, only in Russian).
iBus-compatible cars are listed below:
- BMW 3-series E46, E36*
- BMW 5-series E39, E34*, E60*
- BMW 7-series E38
- BMW 8-series E31*
- BMW X3 E83
- BMW X5 E53
- BMW Z4 E85, E86
- BMW Z8 E52
- MINI Cooper R50, Cooper S R53
- Land Rover Range Rover L30
- Rover 75 R40
- Saab 9-3 2003+
- E31 uses different device IDs.
- Last 2 production years of E36 and E34 had iBus-controlled CD43 radio and CD-changers.
- E60 ver. USA had iBus-controlled seat occupation sensor.
- Licensees may copy, distribute, display and perform the work and make derivative works based on it only if they give the author or licensor the credits in the manner specified by these.
- Licensees may copy, distribute, display, and perform the work and make derivative works based on it only for noncommercial purposes.
- Licensees may distribute derivative works only under a license identical to the license that governs the original work.
© Copyright 2013-2014 toxs · All Rights Reserved