Chrome Developer Tools Addon for Local By Flywheel
Add this addon to Local By Flywheel to access the Chrome Developer Tools while Local is open. This is a useful tool when for developing addons for Local. Also includes a function reload() that can be run in the Developer Tools Console to reload the application.
- Clone this repo:
git clone email@example.com:tpkemme/local-addon-devtools.git local-addon-devtools && cd local-addon-devtools
- Run initial build:
npm run-script build
- Link into Local's
ln -s "$(pwd)" ~/Library/Application\ Support/Local\ by\ Flywheel/addons
- Restart Local and activate addon from Settings > Addons
- To automatically transpile your JS while developing, just start watch task:
npm run-script watch.
- The only thing this starter addon currently does is open dev tools in Local and add a
reload()function to the window object, type
reload()into the dev tools console after you've saved/transpiled to see your changes.
Installing Dev Dependencies
All files in
/src will be transpiled to
/lib using Babel. Anything in
/lib will be overwritten.
npm run-script build or
npm run-script watch to transpile when source files are saved
Babel, transpiling, ES6, Node.js, what?
Not familiar with some or any of these terms? Here are a few resources to get you up to speed.
- babel: Turn ES6 code into readable vanilla ES5 with source maps
- babel-cli: Babel command line.
- babel-preset-es2015: Babel preset for all es2015 plugins.
- babel-preset-react: Babel preset for all React plugins.
- babel-preset-stage-0: Babel preset for stage 0 plugins