Trax Logs for Moodle
This plugin transforms Moodle logs into xAPI statements, and sends then to your LRS.
Why this plugin?
xAPI is the leading open standard to leverage your learning data and build learning analytics.
As Moodle is not xAPI-compliant, you need a plugin to transform Moodle data into xAPI data, and Trax Logs aims to be the best plugin for this job, bringing some key benefits:
- Synchronous (real-time) & asynchronous (CRON),
- Automated history transfer from Moodle logs,
- Supports the main Moodle events,
- Integration with xAPI video activities,
- Integration with H5P activities,
- Integration with LTI activities,
- Statements designed with best practices in mind,
- Reinforcement of data privacy,
- Simple and extensible architecture,
- Code quality and unit testing,
- Extensive plugin documentation,
- Extensive xAPI documentation (here).
Trax Logs is currently in Alpha version, which means that significant changes may come. For example, the structure of generated Statements may change, as well as the vocabulary used. So we recommend not to use this version on a production server.
However, you are encouraged to install the plugin, to test it, and to share feedbacks.