WP Job Manager Registration Use Email
Contributors: tripflex, fris
Donate link: http://smyl.es/donate/
Tags: wp job manager, job manager, registration, email, user, jobify, job manager, login, login label, tripflex, email login
Requires at least: 3.8
Tested up to: 4.4 Stable tag: 1.3.2
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
Allow users to login with their email, as well as use email address as username when a new user registers with WP Job Manager. Set custom label for
Username on entire site. Compatible with Jobify (removes username from register form).
This plugin will use the email address as the username whenever someone registers through WP Job Manager. This will also work with any other plugins or themes that use the
Change the default label "Username" for all login screens to use a customized user-defined label.
Version 1.3.0 of this plugin includes a new feature for WP Job Manager and Jobify theme that removes the "Username" field from the Registration Form Version 1.3.1 adds the ability for users to still login with their email address (in case they change their email)
The Jobify theme has been confirmed and tested to work correctly with this plugin.
- note: * using email as username is disabled by default, you must enable it under the WP Job Manager settings page. There is a link to the page when you activate this plugin.
- Use email as username
- Set display_name and nickname as username that was going to be used
- Replace "Username" with "Username or Email" on login forms
- Set custom user-defined label for "Username" on login pages
- Removes Username field from WP Job Manager and Jobify Theme Registration Forms
- Allow users to login with active email address (in case they change their email)
- Compatible with WP Job Manager Resumes addon plugin
Documentation will be maintained on the GitHub Wiki here.
Contributing and reporting bugs
You can contribute code and localizations to this plugin via GitHub: https://github.com/tripflex/wp-job-manager-registration-use-email
If you spot a bug, you can of course log it on Github
Or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Enable from WP Job Manager settings "Job Submission" tab
2. Login screen custom user-defined label preview
Install directly from Wordpress installation. Go to Plugins and then search for "WP Job Manager Registration Use Email"
Manual Installation * Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Install and Activate
- Go to "Job Listings > Settings > Job Submission" and select checkbox.
Frequently Asked Questions
November 18, 2015 New Feature: Fully compatible with WP Job Manager Resumes addon plugin Tweak: Removed Generate Username from Email setting when use email as username is enabled Tweak: Filter generate username from email to prevent Username field from showing on submit listing
August 20, 2015 New Feature: Allow login with email address (in instance that user changes email)
August 20, 2015 NEW FEATURE: Username field removed from WP Job Manager and Jobify theme Registration Forms Cleaned up entire codebase Added PHP Doc blocks Tested up to WordPress 4.3
May 7, 2014 NEW FEATURE: Custom user-defined label to change "Username" on login pages
May 5, 2014 Fix static notice issue, change add_option to update_option
May 5, 2014 BUG FIX: User role dropdown being removed on settings page
May 3, 2014 New Feature: Change "Username" to "Username or Email" on login forms Update to semantic versioning Added GitHub and Translation links to plugin page
April 19, 2014 First Release