Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Added the ':comment' command that can be used to attach a comment to a
log line. The comment will be displayed below the line, like so:
2017-01-01T15:30:00 error: computer is on fire
+ This is where it all went wrong
The ':clear-comment' command will remove the attached comment. Comments
are searchable with the standard search mechanism and they are available
in SQL through the "log_comment" column.
- Added the ':tag', ':untag', and ':delete-tags' commands that can be used
to attach/detach tags on the top log line and delete all instances of
a tag. Tags are also searchable and are available in SQL as a JSON
array in the "log_tags" column.
- Pressing left-arrow while viewing log messages will reveal the source
file name for each line and the unique parts of the source path.
Pressing again will reveal the full path.
- The file name section of the top status line will show only the unique
parts of the log file path if there is not enough room to show the full
- Added the ":hide-unmarked-lines" and ":show-unmarked-lines" commands
that hide/show lines based on whether they are bookmarked.
- Added the "json_contains()" SQL function to check if a JSON value
contains a number of a string.
- The relative time parser recognizes "next" at the beginning of the
input, for example, "next hour" or "next day". Handy for use in the
- Added a "text-transform" option for formatting JSON log messages. The
supported options are: none, uppercase, lowercase, and capitalize.
- Added a special "level" field name for formatting JSON messages so
that the lnav level name can be used instead of the internal value in
the JSON object.
- Added a log format for journald JSON logs.
- When typing in a search, instead of moving the view to the first match
that was found, the first ten matches will be displayed in the preview
- The pretty-print view maintains highlighting from the log view.
- The pretty-print view no longer tries to reverse lookup IP addresses.
- The online help for commands and SQL functions now includes a 'See Also'
section that lists related commands/functions.
- The HOME key should now work in the command-prompt and move the cursor
to the beginning of the line.
- The :delete-filter command should now tab-complete existing filters.
- Milliseconds can now be used in relative times (e.g. 10:00:00.123)
- The J/K hotkeys were not marking lines correctly when the bottom of
the view was reached.
- The level field in JSON logs should now be recognized by the level
patterns in the format.