Avoided making the cursor busy from a separate thread. Although it worked, it wasn't safe.
● Now, FeatherPad can save as root without a root instance when the user doesn't have the permission to write. Polkit's
pkexec is used (as a run-time dependency) for gaining the root privilege.
● Printing is done in a separate thread, so that, if it takes a long time, other windows of FeatherPad could still be used.
● Workarounds are added for bugs in Qt's default printing. Qt can't handle dark color schemes and the reverse order with printing; FeatherPad supports both.
● Made the warning bar more flexible for use with saving to root as well as printing.
● Guarantee that the session dialog has focus after opening a session.
● Added LaTex to the recognized syntaxes.
● Added simple support for gvfs' admin.
● Fixes to Perl syntax highlighting.
● Several fixes to various small issues.
● A right-click item is added to tab/side-pane for opening containing folder.
● Natural sorting of items in the side-pane and session dialog.
● The warning bar disappears when clicked or, automatically, after 10 seconds.
● "To Start Case" is added to the case changing actions.
● The 50-ms delay of format updating is removed because Qt's update requests seem appropriate now.
● Focus the editor's view with the Escape key.
● Current line highlight is made customizable.
● The recent files feature can be disabled by setting its number to zero.
● Added a "standalone" option to the command-line. It's especially useful when FeatherPad is chosen as the "git" editor.
● Fixes and improvements here and there.
● An optional selection highlighting (Preferences → Text → Selection highlighting; also, see Help).
● A menu item for converting all text tabs to spaces.
● An option for pasting file paths instead of opening files that are copied and pasted into FeatherPad (which is the default behavior).
● Highlight only the first 1000 replacements if there are more.
● Added a simple syntax highlighting for Haxe (by using JS highlighting).
● Fixes and code cleanup.
● Overrode Qt's default behavior when the Home key is pressed.
● Fixed a bug that allowed cutting of read-only texts.
● Updated the code for Qt 5.15 (backward compatibly).
This release is mostly about speeding up syntax highlighting, especially for big documents. In some cases (e.g., with HTML, XML, CSS, Bash or Perl), the job is done multiple times faster.
● A bug is fixed in handling relative file paths that contain no slash.
● CSS syntax highlighting is fixed and improved.
● Small fixes.
The main change in this release is the support for syntax color customization, with separate settings for light and dark backgrounds. Also, the color value of whitespaces can be customized, in case they're shown.
● Allow dash and some other characters in URLs.
● Considered extra cases of valid ampersands in HTML.
● Yet smarter
Shift+Enter with alphabetical lists.
QCoreApplication::processEvents() to prevent a rare crash.
● Remember cursor's horizontal pixel position before
Enter and restore it after
Up. (This feature was removed from Qt 5.14.1 with
Backspace, probably due to a regression.)
● A few fixes.