ChunkEMail is an AIR Native Extension designed to use the Android email composer to send emails. You could do this with a mailto: link in a navigateToURL call, but there are character limits for doing things that way. If you want to prepopulate with a big chunk of email, this ANE aims to help you do it.
This extension is Android only (with desktop simulator support). There is no intention of supporting iOS. Instead try https://github.com/pkoscierzynski/NativeMailExtension.
- ChunkEMailLib Flex Library project that contains the AS3 API for the ANE.
- ChunkEMailDefault Flex Library project. Default implementation of API that should allow this ANE to work on desktop simulators. Should, but doesn't at the moment
- ChunkEMailANE Android project in Java used to generate the jar for the ANE
- ChunkEMailTest Flex Project. Sample implementation project.
Build the ANE
To build the ANE,
- go to the build directory in console
- put in the following command: adt -package -target ane ChunkEMail.ane extension.xml -swc ChunkEMailLib.swc -platform Android-ARM -C android . -platform default -C default .
- copy the ChunkEMail.ane into the libs folder of ChunkEmailTest
This assumes you have adt installed. If you don't, follow the instructions in this tutorial, which is how I got my start: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/building-ane-ios-android-pt1.html Part 5 of that article tells how to structure your build files for the ANE.
ChunkEMail is freely distributable under the terms of the MIT license.