The network successfully halted at block 5,500,000 on Wednesday March 15, 2023 at 16:04:29 GMT. Transacting on the network is no longer possible.
If you did not swap your funds over for wTRTL before the network shut down, there is no way to do so now.
The shutdown was announced on December 1, 2021 and there was over a year to swap over between November 27, 2021 and March 15, 2023.
Master Build Status
Upgrade to this release is mandatory
Final Release & Network Shutdown
This is the final release of the TurtleCoin v1 software and network. After more than a year (last release October 8, 2020) of running steady without issue, this final release contains the last few housekeeping items that people have come across over the last 11 months including a few bug fixes that resolve edge cases for some users and service operators.
We've also adjusted consensus to halt the chain at block 5,500,000. To ensure that transactions do not get trapped in the final hour of the network, new transactions will no longer be accepted in blocks, in the transaction pool, or otherwise at block 5,499,940.
As this is the final release, the repo has been squashed down to the root at the request of the core maintainers who put in a vast majority of the development work to get us this far.
End of Life (EOL) and End of Support (EOS) Notice
Please also note that this final release marks the End of Life for this iteration of TurtleCoin.
Funds should be migrated within the coming year over to wTRTL, the next iteration of our adventure as a community.
This notice serves as the End of Support notice for this software. Support will be provided, on a volunteer basis, until block 5,500,000; however, we suggest that you swap your funds over to wTRTL sooner rather than later.
We hope you will stick around with us and keep mining until the very end.
"See you on the other side" - RockSteady (RIP)
- Resolved an issue where /block API endpoints required the block explorer to be enabled and shouldn't have
- As always, updating boost dependencies in the CI/CD pipeline (good riddance)
- When a transaction fails validation, return the actual reason to the wallet (very helpful)
- Fixed an issue with the rewind/reset arguments being ignored in WalletAPI & Zedwallet
- End of Support for Mac OS in CI/CD. We expect it to still work okay if you compile yourself.
- Updated Snappy dependency as it was causing some issues with MSVC
- Updated internal checkpoints to the latest available
- Resolved an issue wherein retrieving random outputs from the daemon for mixing would throw imaginary errors
- Formatted the code one last time
How To Sync Quickly
Visit the checkpoints how to use site for simple to follow directions on using checkpoints.
How To Compile
See the TurtleCoin Release page for the full change history.
Cryptonote Developers, Bytecoin Developers, Forknote Project, TurtleCoin Community
A special thanks to the following contributors who submitted code to this repo directly (in descending order of commits, changes, etc.)