Here's what you need to know about v4.4.0. Remember that with every minor and major release of Bootstrap, we ship a new URL for our hosted docs to ensure URLs continue to work.- New responsive containers! Over a year in the making, fluid up to a particular breakpoint, available for all responsive tiers.
- New responsive
.row-colsclasses for quickly specifying the number of columns across breakpoints. This one is huge for those of you who have asked for responsive card decks.
escape-svg()function for simplifying our embedded
background-imageSVGs for forms and more.
subtract()functions for avoiding errors and zero values from CSS's built in
make-col-auto()mixin to make our
.col-autoclass available with custom HTML.
- Fixed an issue with Microsoft Edge not picking up
:disabledstyles by moving selectors to
form-control-focus()mixins are now deprecated as they're going away in v5.
- Updated our spacing and alignment for modal footer elements like buttons to automatically wrap when space is constrained.
- More flexible form control validation styles thanks to fewer chained selectors. Also updated the
:invalidvalidation icon to be an alert instead of an
×to avoid confusion with browser functionality for clearing the form field value.
- Fixed a couple dozen CSS and JS bugs.
- Moved to GitHub Actions for CI/CD! Expect more updates to our CI setup over time here while Actions evolves.
- Updated documentation to fix links and typos, improved landmarks for secondary navigation, and a new security doc for guidelines on reporting potential vulnerabilities.