An plugin for Pentaho kettle (PDI) providing support for modern versions of Vertica. Tested with Vertica 9.
Supported versions of pentaho-kettle
The plugin is built against the most recent versions of Kettle 6.x, 7.x and 8.x.
How to get it?
How to install?
Decompress the release zip to
<kettle-dir>/plugins and restart Spoon. The "Vertica 9+" database type will appear in the "Database Connection" dialogs. You still need to supply your own JDBC driver for vertica.
The plugin is tested with the official vertica 9 jdbc drivers.
Why would I want this?
Official Vertica support in kettle has not been updated in a while. Among other things, this plugin fixes the following issues:
- PDI-7769 - Vertica: Database Explorer shows views in the schema tree instead of the view tree
- PDI-10234 - Vertica database logging does not log time information (In fact, the issue is more severe: time is always truncated in DATETIME inserts.)
- PDI-13018 - lazy conversion for vertica table input does not work
- PDI-12040 - Getting data of TIME type from Vertica DB (or sending to Vertica DB) is failed with the errors from Vertica JDBC
- PDI-16462 - Support for Vertica 8 (Sort of, the plugin is tested against Vertica 9. If anybody wants to try on 8, there's a good chance it's going to work just fine.)
Where do I report bugs and issues?
Just open issues on github.
How do I build the project?
mvn clean package
It creates the plugin zip in
How can I contribute?
If you'd like to contribute please fork the project, add the feature or bugfix and send a pull request.
The plugin uses the Apache 2.0 license. Same as kettle.
Open source does not mean you're on your own. The plugin is developed by Twineworks GmbH. Twineworks offers commercial support and consulting services. Contact us if you'd like us to help with a project.