Weechat Android Relay Client
This is an Android Weechat Relay client. It is currently in beta status, with most things working. I use it daily without issue.
This requires weechat to be running somewhere and it connects to it. It is not a standalone weechat for your phone. If you are looking for a standalone irc client for android, you will need to look elsewhere.
Weechat Android is available in the major app stores for Android.
Either scan the QR code, or download it from the Google Play Store.
Google Play Beta Version
Sometimes we make beta versions available in the google play store. These versions may be much more unstable, but are typically more up to date than the released version in the play store. To participate, you need to do two things:
- Join this google+ community: https://plus.google.com/communities/102731380310451490082
- Follow this link to "Become A Tester": https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.ubergeek42.WeechatAndroid
Once you've done that if you install weechat-android from the play store you'll get the latest beta version. If you already have the app installed your device will update to the latest beta version.
Latest Development Snapshot
If you're feeling adventurous, you can try the latest development version. This is built after every commit, and while we try to keep a working build, it may fail or have major bugs. Use at your own risk.
Installation and usage:
Please refer to the quick start guide for details:
Brand new look and feel!
Also see the screenshots in the google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubergeek42.WeechatAndroid
Bug Reports and Feature Requests Welcome!
Please report any bugs or feature requests here on github(See the Issues tab), or send me an email: email@example.com. You can also ping me in #weechat-android on freenode.
Please include the Build Identifier found in the about screen if possible.
All of the source code is available right here on github. For a quick introduction to setting up ant/eclipse so you can begin hacking on the code, please see: https://github.com/ubergeek42/weechat-android/wiki/Getting-started-with-the-code
For more details about Weechat and the Relay Protocol:
- Weechat - http://www.weechat.org/
- Relay Protocol - http://www.weechat.org/files/doc/devel/weechat_relay_protocol.en.html
If you'd like to help with this project, please get in touch with me. Email/IRC/Pull Requests accepted!
- Translation: If you would like to help translating this app, all of the strings are in weechat-android/res/values/strings.xml; and there aren't a terribly large number of them.
Hide buffer in weechat android
To prevent a buffer from showing up in weechat-android, set the following buffer local variable.
/buffer set localvar_set_relay hard-hide
v0.9-rc1 - Oct 25th, 2014
- Too much to list, lots and lots and lots of fixes, UI tweaks, and changes
- Special thanks to @oakkitten and @mhoran for their help and contributions
- SSL Support
- Swiping to change buffers
- SSH Keyfile support
- Lots of other small things
v0.07 - June 13th, 2012
- Tab completion for nicks(tab key or search button)
- Automatic reconnection
- Stunnel support(see: Stunnel Guide)
- Text size preference
- Massive performance tweak/bandwith reduction
- Other bug fixes
v0.06 - May 13th, 2012
- Rewrite rendering of chat messages(improved performance)
- Added about screen
- Made links in messages clickable
- Fixed bug with irc colors in topics
- Password now hidden in preferences
- Added preference for prefix alignment
- Keyboard behaves nicer in chats
v0.05-dev - May 11th, 2012
- Complete rewrite of the frontend
- Support Notifications
- Background service
- Message filters
- UTF-8 Support(Fixes #1)
- Preferences for Colors/Timestamp
- Highlight support for messages
- Misc bugfixes
- A few bugfixes
- Initial Release