This is an Android Weechat Relay client. It is currently in beta status, with most things working. I use it daily without issue.
This requires weechat to be running somewhere and it connects to it. It is not a standalone weechat for your phone. If you are looking for a standalone irc client for android, you will need to look elsewhere.
Either scan the QR code, or download it from the Google Play Store.
If you're feeling adventurous, you can try the latest development version. This is built after every commit, and while I try to keep a working build, it may fail or have major bugs.
Get the latest development version here (Note: This is signed with a different key than the stable version, so you will have to uninstall to move between them)
Please refer to the quick start guide for details:
Please see the screenshots in the google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubergeek42.WeechatAndroid
Please report any bugs or feature requests here on github(See the Issues tab), or send me an email: email@example.com. You can also ping me in #weechat on freenode(I'm also in the mostly inactive #weechat-android).
Please include the Build Identifier found in the about screen if possible.
All of the source code is available right here on github. For a quick introduction to setting up ant/eclipse so you can begin hacking on the code, please see: https://github.com/ubergeek42/weechat-android/wiki/Getting-started-with-the-code
For more details about Weechat and the Relay Protocol:
- Weechat - http://www.weechat.org/
- Relay Protocol - http://www.weechat.org/files/doc/devel/weechat_relay_protocol.en.html
If you'd like to help with this project, please get in touch with me. Email/IRC/Pull Requests accepted!
- Translation: If you would like to help translating this app, all of the strings are in weechat-android/res/values/strings.xml; and there aren't a terribly large number of them.
- SSL Support
- Swiping to change buffers
- SSH Keyfile support
- Lots of other small things
- Tab completion for nicks(tab key or search button)
- Automatic reconnection
- Stunnel support(see: Stunnel Guide)
- Text size preference
- Massive performance tweak/bandwith reduction
- Other bug fixes
- Rewrite rendering of chat messages(improved performance)
- Added about screen
- Made links in messages clickable
- Fixed bug with irc colors in topics
- Password now hidden in preferences
- Added preference for prefix alignment
- Keyboard behaves nicer in chats
- Complete rewrite of the frontend
- Support Notifications
- Background service
- Message filters
- UTF-8 Support(Fixes #1)
- Preferences for Colors/Timestamp
- Highlight support for messages
- Misc bugfixes
- A few bugfixes
- Initial Release
Note these are from 0.06/0.07-dev, but it looks roughly the same.