- Progressive Web Applications (PWA) support
What Is WP-AppKit?
It's a WordPress plugin which provides:
- An admin panel to configure your app
- JSON web services to feed your app with WordPress content
- Starter themes to trigger your natural inclination to unbridled creativity
More on that here.
The WordPress Admin Panel
WP-AppKit adds a menu to the WordPress admin.
- Here you can choose the targeted platform
- Pick a theme
- Pick the app's components (eg. Post List)
- Build the app's navigation
- Use Chrome to simulate your app in the browser
- Set your secure key to support WordPress authentication in your app
- Set the custom URL scheme for deeplinks
- Export the app's sources ready to be compiled with PhoneGap Build
However an app's theme is not a WordPress theme.
Developing app themes are at the heart of the WP-AppKit project. If you're ready to dive into the mysteries of app themes, head to the doc: http://uncategorized-creations.com/wp-appkit/doc/.
Who's Behind This Project?
This project is done the Uncategorized Creations team. UncatCrea is a group of web professionals working with WordPress and Cordova/PhoneGap. facing the challenges to build content based mobile apps connected to WordPress, we've decided to create WP-AppKit.
Meet the team
- Mathieu Le Roi: Quiet and mystic developer
- Benjamin Lupu: Product/Project Management and junior theme developer
- Lionel Pointet: Body rhythm developer