An address validation control for D365 CE/PowerApps that utilises the Experian (https://www.experian.com.au/) Global Intuitive Address Validation service (https://www.edq.com/documentation/apis/address-validate/global-intuitive/).
Utilising Experian, this control is capable of validating addresses from a large number of countries - https://www.edq.com/documentation/apis/address-validate/global-intuitive/#supported-countries-2.
You can download the compiled control in a solution format from the releases tab and then deploy to your D365/PowerApps instance.
Configure Control in D365 CE/PowerApps
- Import solution through maker portal (https://make.powerapps.com)
- Add text field to your desired form
- Add the custom control (Veritec_AddressValidator) to the field.
- Add values for the mandatory fields ExperianToken (your auth token) and AddressSearch (the field that this control is bound to).
- All other fields are optional and are used to map the selected address to your fields on the form.
Note, there is currently a bug that stops you from mapping the outputs of the control to out-of-the-box address fields. This is a known issue and Magnetism has supplied us with a work around - https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/magnetismsolutionscrmblog/posts/binding-to-address-fields-in-a-pcf-control)
Compile from Source
The following instructions are provided for those who prefer to compile from source.
There are some software prerequisites required to compile this application.
- Install Node.js and NPM - https://nodejs.org/en/
- Install .Net Developer Pack - https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net462
- Install VS 2017 (or later) OR Install .NET Core 2.2 SDK and then install Visual Studio Code
- Install PowerApps CLI - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsCLI
Download Source and Compile
- Download source code from the this repository (git clone or download zip)
- Open the "Developer Command Prompt"
- Navigate to "Veritec.PCF.AddressValidator" folder in source root
- Execute "npm install"
- Execute "npm run build"
- Navigate to the deployment folder "cd deployment\VeritecPcfAddressValidator"
- Execute "MSBUILD /t:restore"
- Execute "MSBUILD"
You now have a solution that is ready to be deployed to your target D365/PowerApps project - "deployment\VeritecPcfAddressValidator\bin\Debug\VeritecPcfAddressValidator.zip".