MOKIO is open source CMS compatible with rails 6.0.1 and ruby 2.6.5.
Gemfilein your project
- Ensure is add the following line added to
mount Mokio::Engine => "/backend"
- Start rails server
rails sand open
- Your login is
- Remember to change this sample credentials!
Test by RSpec
Run all tests in main directory using command:
To suppress warnings use:
rspec --deprecation-out /dev/null
Details for configure Spec Dummy App for properly working tests.
- Regenerate static pages based on route.rb
Overriding Mokio js
in your project's folder.
This task will create
custom.js file in under
Adding gallery to your custom model
In your model:
Change DataFile type if needed (Mokio::Photo is set by default)
def default_data_file # Available options: # Mokio::Photo # Mokio::Youtube end
Optionaly add gallery title
def gallery_title "Gallery title" end
- CKEditor 5 - CKEditor 5
- Custom model and controller - How to create own model and controller in CMS
- SeoTags - How to add meta tags to your own models
- Generate sitemap.xml - How to generate automatic sitemap.xml for dynamic and static content
- Select2 helper - How to use select inputs with autosearch
- Backend input helpers - Describes some input helpers
- History - Model history tracking
- Partials in index views - How to manage some additional partials in index views
- Filters in index views - How to configure filters in indexes
- Fronted content editor - How to use frontend content editor
- Application setttings - How to use application settings More docs soon!
Secure login with Google reCAPTCHA v3
To turn on login with reCAPTCHA go to config/mokio.rb and update configs:
config.mokio_login_with_recaptcha = true config.mokio_login_recaptcha_site_key = 'KEY' config.mokio_login_recaptcha_secret_key = 'KEY' config.mokio_login_recaptcha_score = 0.9
More info: reCAPTCHA v3
Gems and sample_app:
Sample app using Mokio CMS
Gems dedicated for Mokio CMS:
Tutorials, documentation & useful tips
To use Mokio::MovGallery you have to add this to your Gemfile:
gem 'youtube_it', github: 'LiveWorld/youtube_it'
because original version of
youtube_it gem is not maintained anymore and uncompatibile with Rails 5.
Migrating your app to Mokio >= 2.7.14
mount Ckeditor::Engine => '/ckeditor' to
block, since Ckeditor mount has been moved to mokio:install task.
Mokio is a Content Management System that allows creation of sophisticated websites. It consists maily of administration panel for your desired website. It provides the following types of content: Article (piece of text with pictures, lists, links, etc.), Picture Gallery (easily managed article with a number of photos - thumbs and edition provided), Movie Gallery (article with links to Dailymotion, Vimeo and Youtube movies - thumbs and edition provided), Contact Page with Google map and contact form.
Apart from content it is possible to manage menu structure of your website for each language and defined position (part of the screen).
Beside Mokio itself, there are various gems dedicated for Mokio, that extends its core functionality.
GNU AGPLv3: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html