Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
We announce the immediate availability V3.1.0.
Happy new year, and happy new release! We've made some important improvements to this library since v2 (such as first-class support for multiline variables), but maintained much of the same API where possible.
- More flexibility in terms of which parts of the environment we try to read and modify (#300)
- First-class support for multiline variables (#301)
- No more trimming of values. you get them exactly as is now (#302)
- Accept a list of paths to try in order looking for the dotenv file, rather than a single path (#307)
- Stronger validation of variable names to avoid silent failures or obscure errors (#311)
Loader::load()and its callers now return an associative array of the variables loaded with their values, rather than an array of raw lines from the environment file (#306)
- As mentioned in the new feature, we're no longer trimming values, so that may be a breaking change for you (#302)