This repository contains an introductory course about using Python in QGIS.
It is based on QGIS 3. If you want to use QGIS 2 instead, check the qgis2 branch of the repository
- Understanding Python and QGIS. A brief introduction to how Python is installed within QGIS.
- The QGIS and PyQt APIs. You need to know how to use these APIs before you can write Python code to be run within QGIS.
- The Python console. The first place to start exploring the QGIS API.
- Expressions. How to create a custom Python expression and later use it in different places in QGIS.
- Custom Python actions. React to user interaction in the canvas or attributes table.
- Maptips. Custom behaviour of map tips using QGIS expressions with Python functions.
- Macros. Executing Python code to respond to QGIS events.
- Processing algorithms. In case the user needs to add analysis functionality, the best way to do it is to add a Processing algorithm.
- Creating plugins. How to create QGIS plugins that can be later distributed and installed in other QGIS instances.