Connecting to a meeting
For the best experience, ensure you are connected through both audio and chat
We recommend you connect to our meetings with an SIP client. To do this, you need a SIP client installed on your device.
If you need help selecting a SIP client, Linphone is an example SIP client that is free and available on many platforms.
- Set your display name, which will be displayed in IRC.
- In Linphone it's under Linphone > Preferences > SIP accounts > Default identity
- Update your settings to use a random SIP port (this will help avoid annoying calls)
- In Linphone it's under Linphone > Preferences > Network > Network protocol and Ports
- Probably you'll need to disable IPv6
- In Linphone it's under Linephone > Preferences > Network > Transport -- toggle "allow IPv6"
Once your SIP client is set up, connect to the CCG call at:
Note: if you also want a SIP account, you can use Linphone's account setup form.
If for some reason you're not able to connect via a SIP client, you can dial in by phone:
US phone: +1.540.274.1034 x6306 EU phone: +220.127.116.11.31.06 x6306
During the meeting, we use IRC to share links, keep meeting minutes, ask questions, etc. The CCG IRC channel is:
If you're unfamiliar with IRC, note that you can easily connect through a browser: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=ccg
Now that you're connected, see the IRC Command Reference for help with IRC commands.