Watir Powered By Selenium!
require 'watir' browser = Watir::Browser.new browser.goto 'google.com' browser.text_field(title: 'Search').set 'Hello World!' browser.button(type: 'submit').click puts browser.title # => 'Hello World! - Google Search' browser.close
The majority of element methods Watir provides with is autogenerated from specifications. This is done by extracting the IDL parts from the spec and processing them with the WebIDL gem (link below). Currently supported specifications are:
Watir uses watirspec for testing. After cloning, you should fetch the submodule:
git submodule init && git submodule update
Specs specific to Watir are found in
spec/*_spec.rb, with watirspec in
Watir uses yard-doctest for testing documentation examples.
- http://rdoc.info/gems/watir/ (updated on every release)
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with Rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2009-2015 Jari Bakken Copyright (c) 2015-2016 Alex Rodionov, Titus Fortner See LICENSE for details