This brings problems for us, since xmonad will not work with the new architecture.
This project is intended to provide a wayland based desktop which shares the ideals and experience from xmonad.
[WIP]: This is work in Progress.
There's no bar/quality of life
If you need to lock your session: swaylock should work perfectly fine. Currently that's not set up in any automatic way though.
Swaybg should work, and my waymonad-clients has a somewhat usable background application.
- There is barely any documentation so unless you are familiar with Haskell (and preferably xmonad) this may be rather hard to get comfortable with.
"Install" (compile and execute locally):
To test this, you need
This currently only builds with the
new-build feature of cabal-install.
stack is (not yet) supported.
- git clone --recursive https://github.com/ongy/waymonad
- cd waymonad
[PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig] cabal new-build
For unprivileged install:
- Configure wlroots with:
meson build --prefix=<your prefix>
- ninja -C build install
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=<your prefix>/lib/pkgconfig cabal new-build
For the little documentation there is for now:
- cabal new-haddock
What this is NOT
- A straight upgrade path
- A reimplementation of xmonad
- A full implementation containing DRM and other backends
What this is
- Implemented in Haskell
- predictable layouting
- based on the compositor library wlroots