sluggi — The little TYPO3 CMS slug helper
What does it do?
The extension …
- modifies the page slug field, so normal users can only edit the part of the page slug they have appropriate permissions on the related pages (see screenshot and example below)
- allows administrators to restrict editing the page slug on certain pages
- renames slug segments recursively, so if you change the slug of a parent page, the segments of this page are updated in all slugs on child pages. Redirects are created for all old paths too.
- sets a fallback chain for page slug calculation as follows (the first nonempty value is used): Alternative page title > Page title (you can change the fields used in the extension configuration)
- configures a replacement of forward slashes (
/) in the page slug with a hyphen (
-) for new pages (existing pages are not affected as long as you don't recalculate the slugs)
You can configure all options for the extension via Admin Tools > Settings > Extension Configuration
Backend editor example
In this example the editor has no rights to edit the About page of the website, so he has no permission to change the /about/ segment of the URL too.
You can set a whitelist with backend user group IDs in the extension configuration. Members of these groups will still be able to edit the whole slug.
You need at least TYPO3 CMS version 9.5.5 including the following features:
Require the package:
composer require wazum/sluggi
Available on packagist: https://packagist.org/packages/wazum/sluggi
Required core patch
You have to apply the patch from https://review.typo3.org/c/Packages/TYPO3.CMS/+/60263 before TYPO3 CMS 9.5.6 or 10.0.1