This project has been forked from the WikipediaMobile project.
- Setup your development environment
- Setup the project
git submodule update --initto grab our submodule dependencies (MobileFrontend)
- Follow Steps 1 & 2 from the instructions found on the PhoneGap.com Getting Started Page to get all the necessary software for contributing to this project.
- Create your own fork of the Wiktionary code.
- Clone your fork onto your computer.
You can run the app within your desktop browser under certain situations. Safari works out of the box. You can also use Google Chrome by passing it the
--disable-web-security flag. Navigate to
index.html to start the app.
Note: Running in the web browser is currently not a supported environment. Things might break
There is a highly useful tutorial @ http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mobile/PhoneGap/Tutorial#Setup
- In Eclipse choose to import a project by going to File (in the menu bar) -> Import.
- Select General -> Existing Projects into Workspace
- Choose Select Root Directory radio button and then click the Browse button next to the right.
- Navigate to the directory where you cloned the source code and then click the Open button on the bottom of the dialog.
- Click the Finish button.
The project should now be setup in Eclipse.
Make sure to modify the sdk.dir variable in the local.properties file so that it points to the location where the android sdk is installed on your computer.
- Grab the SDK from here.
- Update the project.properties in the blackberry folder, you will need signing keys to load onto a device
ant playbook load-device
Q. I can't seem to find PhoneGap 1.4.1! Where can I download it?
A: Right here
Please ensure you read STYLE_GUIDELINES before making any contribution to this project!