- A cookiecutter template to create a Django app within an existing Django project, with boilerplate including:
- A barebones Django model.
- Django CRUD views and templates using django-vanilla-views.
- A Django ModelForm using floppyforms.
- Tests for all of the views using WebTest.
- Model Mommy generated models for the tests.
Blog post walkthrough at http://wildfish.com/blog/2013/09/25/generating-django-crud-scaffolding-cookiecutter/
- Install cookiecutter, and apps listed in requirements.txt for our generated app. Install them all with:
pip install -r https://raw.github.com/wildfish/cookiecutter-django-crud/master/requirements.txt
- Run cookiecutter using this template. Note that it will overwrite existing files without warning if you already have an app dir of the same name, so make sure your code is checked in or backed up.
- You'll need to add floppyforms to your INSTALLED_APPS, along with your new app of course:
INSTALLED_APPS = ( .. 'floppyforms', 'yourproject.yourapp', )
- And don't forget to hook up your urls.py:
- Run your newly created tests:
python manage.py test yourproject.yourapp
Feel free to fork and make it your own, or send anything back up which you think may be generally useful.