An unofficial free Google translate PopClip Extension based on Googletrans Python API.
- English to Chinese (Simplified):
- Chinese (Simplified) to English:
Copy to copy the translated results.
Google Translate Site: Choosing from
.cnserver is for users in mainland China where the
.comserver is blocked by the government.
Source Language: If the selected text is not the
Source Language, the sentences will be translated to the
Source Language. Otherwise, the sentences will be translated to the
You can change all these settings by clicking the pencil shaped icon at the bottom of the popclip drop-down list.
Download the file from Releases and double click to install the extension.
The auto update alert feature is new to version 2.1, so the extension will check for updates once every seven days.
Frequently asked questions
- Sometimes the pop-up window of PopClip just doesn't show up when I select some sentences.
It's the bug of PopClip. You can manually trigger PopClip window to appear by AppleScript:
tell application "PopClip" to appear. And I'm using BetterTouchTool to achieve this function by binding
3 Finger Swipe Up gesture to run this AppleScript.
- Googletrans Python API: A free and unlimited python library that implemented Google Translate API.
- Turbo_祥 and 把那该死的球传给我: They helped design the beautiful icon and test this extension.
If this extension helps you a lot, you can support me by: