Creates a new VM and installs prerequisites to install AzureStack Development kit (ASDK) to run PoC
This template creates a new Azure VM, and installs, configures all prerequisites that is required to install Azure Stack Development Kit to ease the process to evaluate all Azure Stack functionalities.
--High level steps to follow--
- Deploy the template
- Logon to Azure VM
- Run Install-ASDK.ps1 script on the desktop
- Follow on-screen instructions
- Setup will download selected version of ASDK and extract files automatically
- ASDK setup will be feeded with required default parameters and parameters collected above
*** updates on 06.01.2018
- New options to select ASDK version to install
- Tested with ASDK 1712
- Lots of fixes to better detect ASDK files and paths
*** updates on 06.06.2018
- Tested with ASDK 1805
- Auto shutdown option set to disabled by default (enable this one manually during the deployment if you have limited subscription)
*** updates on 17.08.2018
- Tested with ASDK 1807
*** updates on 02.09.2018
- Tested with ASDK 1808
- findLatestASDK function updated to detect additional ASDK releases to download. ex. 1807 re-released twice 1807-1 and 1807-2
- non-onmicrosoft.com domains and account with MFA support (pop-up Microsoft account logon UI after download and extract)
- Removal of redundant local admin password prompt.
- Support for ADFS as Identity Provider in addition to Azure Cloud (AAD). Additional desktop shortcuts added for each IDP.
- New ARM template option to download latest ASDK and extract with the VM deployement, disabled by default.
😊Which makes the deployment time a bit longer (30-40 mins.)
For more details, please read the following article for details https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/yagmurs/deploying-azure-stack-development-kit-asdk-straight-on-azure-vm
Feel free to post questions and enjoy!