FFFBIK: Fabric canvas FABRIK FullBody IK
FFFBIK is Fabric Engine Canvas tool for full-body IK system, using extended FABRIK (Forward And Backward Reaching Inverse Kinematics), based-off a paper written by Andreas Aristidou(2014). Using Fabric Engine 2.1.0, works in many DCC's.
The main purposes of this project is studying Fabric Engine's KL language with building custom IK system using FABRIK algorithm, sharing experience with these concept, and leading to provide more efficient and flexible rigging solution.
- the Fabric operator.
- Simple IK solver which has one end effector.
- Closed-loop chain solver that connects other solvers.
- Resolver that manages solvers execution order.
- Component that represent body parts. (arm, leg and ...)
Tested on Fabric Engine 2.1.0 which can be found (Fabric engine (Get Fabric))
Simply clone this repository and add the 'Ext' folder to the 'FABRIC_EXTS_PATH' env variable.
- launch Canvas
- open Tests/Canvas/sample.canvas
- modify inputs directory
see Tests/testFFFBIK.kl and Tests/DCCSetupScripts/Softimage